Đề Và Đáp Án Bài Ielts Speaking Part 2 (t6!8!2015)

SƯU TẦM CÂU HỎI: HƯƠNG LÊ SOẠN ĐÁP ÁN THAM KHẢO: THANH LOAN (VNCOURSE.COM) [TYPE HERE] ĐỀ VÀ ĐÁP ÁN BÀI IELTS SPEAKING PART 2 (T6-8/2015) Tht tuyt vời vì mình đã hoàn thành phần đáp án tham khảo cho IELTS Speaking part 2 49 đề mà bạn sgặp trong bài thi thật. Tuần trước mình đã chia sẻ ½ đáp án, và lần mày mình chia sẻ chn vẹn toàn bô đáp án bạn cn. Trong những ngày mình chuẩn b, rt nhiu bạn đã inbox hỏi mình đã xong ½ còn lại chưa vì các bạn ý sắp thi. Mình đã cố gng hết sức và đây là kêt quả, mong các bạn có thể ôn thi tht tốt và sau khi thi xong thì có thể chia skết quvi mình, chỉ cần như vậy mình biết công sức của mình đã giúp được các bạn nhiều như thế nào Mt phn đáp án này là mình và bạn của mình tự viết, mt phần sưu tầm tcác trang như ielts-exam.net hoc ielts-simon.com, ieltstrangbui.com.... . Hy vọng các bạn scó sự chun btốt hơn cho phần thi này! 1. Describe a place that can be good to relax (not home) You should say: - Where the place is - what it is like - how do you spend time there - and explain why you think it is a good place for relaxation I’m going to talk about my ideal place to relax and also a famous tourist attraction in Vietnam, Sapa. Among various reasons, i love Sapa simply ‘cause of people there. They are warm, kind hearted and trustworthy. I remember that summer when my family decided to have a holiday in Sapa, we came into trouble ‘cause it was a tourist season and we ran out of hotels. Fortuanately, we were put in by a local person for a night and she found a hotel nearby for us the following morning. Besides people. i found in Sapa many

Transcript of Đề Và Đáp Án Bài Ielts Speaking Part 2 (t6!8!2015)

SƯU TẦM CÂU HỎI: HƯƠNG LÊ

SOẠN ĐÁP ÁN THAM KHẢO: THANH LOAN (VNCOURSE.COM) [TYPE HERE]

ĐỀ VÀ ĐÁP ÁN BÀI IELTS SPEAKING PART 2 (T6-8/2015)

Thật tuyệt vời vì mình đã hoàn thành phần đáp án tham khảo cho IELTS Speaking part 2

– 49 đề mà bạn sẽ gặp trong bài thi thật. Tuần trước mình đã chia sẻ ½ đáp án, và lần mày

mình chia sẻ chọn vẹn toàn bô đáp án bạn cần.

Trong những ngày mình chuẩn bị, rất nhiều bạn đã inbox hỏi mình đã xong ½ còn lại chưa

vì các bạn ý sắp thi. Mình đã cố gắng hết sức và đây là kêt quả, mong các bạn có thể ôn thi

thật tốt và sau khi thi xong thì có thể chia sẻ kết quả với mình, chỉ cần như vậy mình biết

công sức của mình đã giúp được các bạn nhiều như thế nào

Một phần đáp án này là mình và bạn của mình tự viết, một phần sưu tầm từ các trang như

ielts-exam.net hoặc ielts-simon.com, ieltstrangbui.com.... .

Hy vọng các bạn sẽ có sự chuẩn bị tốt hơn cho phần thi này!

1. Describe a place that can be good to relax (not home)

You should say:

- Where the place is

- what it is like

- how do you spend time there

- and explain why you think it is a good place for relaxation

I’m going to talk about my ideal place to relax and also a famous tourist attraction in

Vietnam, Sapa. Among various reasons, i love Sapa simply ‘cause of people there. They

are warm, kind hearted and trustworthy. I remember that summer when my family decided

to have a holiday in Sapa, we came into trouble ‘cause it was a tourist season and we ran

out of hotels. Fortuanately, we were put in by a local person for a night and she found a

hotel nearby for us the following morning. Besides people. i found in Sapa many

interesting places to play and learn about the ethnic minorities in Vietnam that I just had

a chance to see in textbooks and on TV. Therefore, I see Sapa as a beautiful and peaceful

place for me to refresh myself and recharge my battery after an assiduous semester.

Anyway, i will come back to Sapa next summer for sure.

tourist attraction : điểm thu hút khách du lịch

kind hearted: tôt bụng

trustworthy: đáng tin cậy

come into trouble: gặp rắc rối

a tourist season: mùa du lịch

run out of: hết, không còn

ethnic minorities: các dân tộc thiểu số

for sure: chắc chắn

2. Describe a gift for others that took you long time to choose

- What is was

- Who you gave it to

- How you choose it

- And explain why you spend long time choosing it

Well, now, i’m going to talk about a special gift that i took a lot of time to find and choose.

That gift was for my Maths teacher at my secondary school, who i admired and considered

as my second mother. My teacher was born in September, but i had to think of what the gift

was from July. Fortunately, it coincided with my summer holiday in Sapa. I immediately

went shopping to look for some special things when I reached there. Unfortunately, there

are a variety of products and I also do not know about my teacher’s hobby. Therefore,

finding a suitable job for her is extremely a challenge for me. After 2 days with careful

considerations, i decided to buy a scarf made from brocade fabric. It was sophisticated

and unique. I crushed on that scarf at the first sight. I was satisfied because at least, i had

tried to find a meaningful gift for my beloved teacher. And she seemed to love it a lot.

3. Describe a change that will improve your local area

- What the change is

- How the change works

- What kinds of problems the change will solve

- How you feel about the change.

If there is a chance to change something which makes our local area better, i think it’s the

small library.

The standard knowledge about social issues of local people is quite low. I will give you a

prominent instance about my cousin. She was the same age as me and she just married last

week ‘cause she had 5 month pregnancy. But the thing was she didn’t know she was

pregnant until 2 weeks ago.

Apparently, she was lack of sexual knowledge and I think that if only my hometown had a

library in which there was a wide range of books , she wouldn’t have come into troubles.

Also with a small library, people at all ages can equip themselves with a reservoir of

knowledge about all aspects of life. I’m sure that this change is a significant turing-point

in the education of my local area. For example, the literacy rate can be higher, so my

province can provide a better well-educated workforce for economy, and uemployment

level or other social evils can be mitigated. All in all, the appearance of a library is the key

to open a new door for my province.

standard knowledge: kiến thức chung

social issue: vấn đề xã hội

5 month pragnancy: có thai 5 tháng

a wide range of: nhiều

come into troubles: Gặp khó khăn

turing-point : bước ngoặt

4. Describe a small and successful company you know.

You should say:

- What is the company called

- How did you know this company?

- What kind of business this company does?

- and explain why you think this company is Successful?

Recently, I have noticed that a lot of my friends highly recommend me that i should have

Peter Pan Company make cakes when it comes to some special occasions. It is said that

the company have expanded their chains with over 10 stores for just a year and their profit

has doubled as a consequence of advertisement campaigns and efforts to continuously

improve product quality and services. Therefore, they now have a good client base and a

good brand name in the market. That small company just has over 30 employees and what

they produce are all kinds of cakes. The campany has made a good impression by their

professional work style and friendly service and i think that i will definitely have this

company make cakes when i need.

Special occasions: Những dịp đặc biệt

Chain: chuỗi cửa hàng

As a consequence of: Là kết quả của…

A good client base: nền tảng khách hàng tốt

Brand name: thương hiệu

Professional work style: phong cách làm việc chuyên nghiệp

5. Describe a person you know who dresses well/ a person who is fashionable

You should say:

- Who this person is

- what kinds of clothes this person likes to wear

- how you know this person

- explain why you think this person dresses well

I’d like to talk about my mother, who is considered as a fashion icon by a lot of her friends.

My Mom is famous for her sense of style. She loves the classic style, which means, her

fashion is simple, but it turns out to be stylish all the time. Her motto is “Simple is the best”

but the way she mixes colors makes people admire. She usually keeps up with the latest

fashion and each season, she seems to have a new appearance . Everyone believes that my

mother has an eye for fashion; therefore, they often ask her for some advice. She said to

me that:” Dressing well is a good form of art”, so, let’s do well, live well and dress really

well.

a fashion icon : tín đồ thời trang

sense of style: có gu thời trang

classic style: phong cách cổ điển

keeps up with the latest fashion : bắt kịp xu hướng thời trang mới nhất

has an eye for fashion: có thẩm mỹ về thời trang

6. Describe an age/stage you enjoyed in your life.

You should say:

- What the age/stage was

- What did you like to do back then

- Who you enjoyed mostly back then

- explain why you really like that age/stage

I’m going to talk about my seventeen- the age that i found myself amazing and a little bit

crazy. i learned a lot of stuff about life, people around me and i began to be aware of the

valuable relationships. i was motivated to change to be the unique one in this world and i

desire for traveling and making friends with people from all walks of life. I remarked my

sweet seventeen with the trip to the land of opportunity, America. Besides, i felt like i

fulfilled my dream ‘cause after the trip, i had a lot of foreign friends and the knowledge

about this world. Now, i come to realize that nothing in the natural world remains the same

from one moment to the next, and everything continually changes whether we want it or

not, but anyway, my seventeen is a big change. In other words, it’s also my turning point

that i will never forget.

desire for doing sth: mong muốn, khao khát làm gì

all walks of life: Các thành phần, tầng lớp trong xã hội

remark: đánh dấu

Fulfill one’s dream: hoàn thành giấc mơ

Turning point: bước ngoặt

7. Describe a time that a child did something that made you laugh

You should say:

- When this happened

- Who the child was

- What the child did

- explain why it was funny.

Well, i’m gonna talk about an unforgettable memory about my younger brother when he

was 2 years old. At that time, he was carefree and like many kids at that age, he learned

and copied everything from adults quickly. That summer, my father took us to a public

swimming pool ‘cause all of my family members were fond of swimming. My father had me

keep an eye on him while he dived into water. Unfortunately. i was busy with playing games

on my mobile phone and my younger brother saw his Dad dived and then, he might think

that he had an ability to swim like his father. You can guess what happened? Yes, he jumped

into water and tried to swim. Luckily, I heard him crying and he was rescued from the

swimming pool. I found that it was hilarious behaviors of kids but it taught me a lessson:

Always look after your kids carefully, or else, something which is silly may happen at any

time.

carefree: vô tư, hồn nhiên

a public swimming pool: bể bơi công cộng

keep an eye on: chú ý đến...

dived into water: lặn vào nước

Unfortunately = Unluckily: Không may thay

Be busy with: Bận rộn

have an ability to do sth: Có khả năng làm gì

hilarious = funny: buồn cười

silly : ngu xuẩn

8. Describe a picture or photograph in your family.

You should say:

- What is in the picture

- Where this picture is in your home

- how this picture was taken

- and explain why you think this picture is meaningful

The photograph that was taken when I was only 4-5 years old with my parents, grandfather

and grandmother is one of my very favourite photographs. I do not have clear memory

regarding the event when the photograph was taken but I have seen it thousands times and

still I look at it with a delight and sadness. The photograph is a black-and-white one and

later I have enlarged it and framed it in my living room. The small kid (me), the

grandparents and young parents make the picture a really significant one to me. I look

with amazement in to the picture and sometimes can't believe I was so small and different

looking at that time The picture gives me a gloomy feelings as my grandfather and mother

are no longer with us. In the picture they seems so lively but I can't be with them anymore!

This photograph is probably is my most favourite one as it conveys my grandparents'

memory and depicts a happy family. Every time I look at this particular picture, it gives a

different sensation - mixture of happiness and sadness. This is a priceless possession to me

and I would like to keep it with me for the rest of my life.

9. Describe a time that you and your friend had a disagreement

You should say:

- When this happened

- Who you disagreed with

- What you and your friend argued about

- and if you two solved the disagreement in the end

Well, two months ago,I thought that summer was coming,so I needed to do something to

lose weight. I saw an advertisement and intended to take some diet pills.The advertisement

boosted how magical the drugs are. As I was urged to lose weight,without thinking,I

decided to buy some .However, my roommate didn’t recommend me to do that. She said

the slimming pills not only cost a lot but also are detrimental to health. She asked me to

keep diet and jogging with her every night.

I thought it was fine to just have a try. If this plan back fired, I would try another way to

lose weight such as running or eating fruits instead of meals.

After taking slimming pills for a week, I didn’t have weight lose, but became insomnic,

maybe that’s a side effect of the drugs. Finally I gave up and running with my roommate

everyday. Now when I ‘m thinking about this argument ,I really thank to my friend,

otherwise I would try this stupid idea for two weeks or even longer.

10. Describe a place where you can read and write.

You should say:

- Where this place is

- How do you know this place

- What do you do there

- explain why you think it’s a good place for reading and writing.

I’m going to talk about my “little studying corner”. That’s the way i call my school library

because it’s really familiar with me and i love it. That’s a medium building with 4 floors

and each floor has its own function. The first floor is the main hall, it’s sometimes used for

some conferences. The second one is a computer lab. The third and fourth floor are used

for self-studying. The library opens every day except on Sundays and i go to my “little

corner studying” 5 days a week. I love that place ‘cause it’s outright quiet. All students

focus on their work and noone or nothing disturbs me, so the studying is really useful and

effective. I have one year left before i graduate from my school and i think that library will

be my indispensable partner of mine.

familiar with me : thân quen với ai

medium building : tòa nhà kích thước bình thường, cỡ trung

main hall: đại sảnh

computer lab: phòng vi tính

self-studying: tự học

outright : hoàn toàn

indispensable: không thể thiếu

11. Describe a team you have been part of.

You should say:

- When this team was formed

- Who was on the team

- What you did together

- and explain why you became part of the team

I’d like to talk about a team project that I was involved in during my final term at business

school. There were four of us on the team, and our task was to work with a local company

to research a new market, in a European country, for one of their products or services.

Our objective was to produce a report and give a presentation.

The first thing we did was split into two groups of two. We had been assigned a company

that produced a range of bicycle accessories, so two of us spent some time getting to know

the company while the other two researched the market and the competitors in the target

country, which was Germany. In the end, I think it was a successful project because we

managed to identify a possible gap in the market in Germany for one of the company’s

products. Our group presentation also went really well.

Until that point, the course had been all about business theory, so it was quite a learning

experience to work with a real company. I felt a real sense of accomplishment when we

handed in our report and delivered our presentation, and I think all of us were proud of

what we had done.

12. Describe something that you want to learn more.

You should say:

- What it is

- How would learn it

- Where you can learn it

- explain why you want to keep learning it

13. Describe an indoor game that you liked to play when you were a child.

You should say:

- What the game was

- When, where and with whom you usually played it

- How you played it

- and explain why you still remember this game or you like this game

As a child I enjoyed playing chess. I think chess is probably the best known board game in

the world. It’s a game for two players, and the aim is to defeat the other player by taking

his or her pieces and eventually trapping his King. This final move is called checkmate.

I taught my younger brother to play, and at some point I joined the school chess club.

There I had the chance to hone my skills against some of the older pupils, and in my final

year of primary school I made it onto the school team. There were five of us on the team,

and we competed against children from other primary schools in the same town.

I liked playing chess because I enjoyed the challenge of thinking ahead and trying to

outwit my opponent. I was probably seven or eight years old when I started playing, and it

seemed like a very mysterious and intellectual game at that time. Also, although I loved

winning, chess taught me to learn from my losses and to congratulate the person who had

beaten me.

14. Describe a special trip you would like to go on in the future.

You should say:

- Where this place is

- Who you would like to go with

- What would you do there

- explain why this would be a special trip

Có thể vận dụng đáp án câu hỏi số 1 vào đây

15. Describe a person who can use/speak a second language.

You should say:

- Who this person is

- what language this person can use

- how often this person uses this language explain why this person can master this

language

I’m going to talk about Lynel, a Filippino girl who i was lucky to meet on the occasion of

the trip to America last month. She made a great impression on me by her English. She

spoke english so fluently that at first, i thought she was a native speaker.

What i liked about her English was her melodious voice, whenever she spoke, i thought

that she was singing but not talking. She reminded me of my favorite host, Kim Tien, who

used to be an honored host on TV for a long time.

Every day in that trip, I had chance to listen to her sweet voice, and because of language

barriers, she always used English all the time. She helped me improve my ability to give a

successful presentation, how to go up and down when speaking English and how to call

attention from others. That’s very useful.

And after the trip, we still often keep in touch to learn and share effective methods to

improve our English speaking ability.

On the occasion of... : Nhân dịp…

Make a deep/ great impression on somebody: Tạo ấn tượng tốt với ai

So + Adj / adv+ that + Clause: Quá...đến nỗi..

native speaker: Người bản xứ

Melodious voice: Giọng trầm bổng, lên xuống

16. Describe an occasion you got up extremely early.

You should say:

- When this happened

- what you needed to do that day

- who you were with

- how you felt about getting up that early on that day

Well, it was last semester when it came to the final exam, i had to get up so early in the

morning to prepare for the exam. Actually, i’m a morning bird, so i found it easy to get up

early. Fresh air and tranquility in the morning made me feel peaceful, optimistic and

creative, so I could concentrate more on my study. But at that time, i had to try to wake up

earlier, exactly at 3 or 4 am. As a result, i was totally exhausted and had a headache. My

brain was full of subjects such as Maths, History, Literature and so on. Besides, i was so

sleepy that at times, i slept while i was trying to memorize historic dates or Maths formulas.

I had to drink coffee many times a day to keep me wide awake. It was exactly a nightmare

but fortunately, i passed the exam with flying colors.

a morning bird: Người hay dậy sớm ( >< night owl: Cú đêm )

tranquility : Sự thanh bình, yên tĩnh

As a result : Kết quả là

keep sb wide awake: Làm cho ai tỉnh táo

passed the exam with flying colors: đỗ kì thi với kết quả tốt

17. Describe an educational trip you went on.

You should say:

- where this place was

- what you did at this place

- who you went there with

- and explain why you thought this trip was educational.

When i was in grade 5, i had a chance to go to the national zoo in my capital, hanoi with

my classmates. It was the first time i went to the capital of Vietnam and i was totally amazed

at what i saw and learned. Firstly, the trip offered me with a dream of learning English

well. i met a lot of foreigners there. At that time, i just could say “hello” to them and i

wished that one day, i would communicate with them in English fluently. Secondly, i

learned a lot of lessons about environment and animals. They were different from what i

was taught at school. It was more interesting, lively and practical. I saw some endangered

animals like tigers, black rhinos, mountain gorillas, Asian elephants...It’s been a long time

since i last visited that zoo but until now, i still have a good memory of those days and the

meaning of the trip.

have a chance to do sth: có cơ hội làm gì

be amazed at sth: ngạc nhiên

offer sb with sth: mời/ ngỏ lời ai cái gì

have good/bad memories of sth: có kỉ niệm đẹp/ xấu về cái gì

18. Describe an educational TV program that you have seen.

You should say:

- what the program is about / what the program is

- how often you watch or listen to this program

- what type of people enjoy this program

- and explain why this program is educational

Well, watching TV is not my cup of tea. However, i’m keen on watching international news

as well as current affairs. So, at times, i turn on TV to watch CNN.

It is a program which specializes in breaking news reported by many jounalists and

correspondents all over the world. It’s a good idea to combine watching news and learning

English at the same time. I not only update a lot of information happening on Earth during

24 hours but also gain vocabularies and practise listening English and so on.

Watching CNN is my daily routine. I watch this program every morning for about 15 to 20

minutes before I go to school.

I find CNN educational and informative, especially for students like me simply because as

i’ve mentioned, it broadens our horizons, enriches our knowledge and we can deeply

understand what’s going on in our society.

Be one’s cup of tea: là sở thích của ai đó

Be keen on: Hứng thú, thích

current affairs: Những sự kiện hiện tại, thời sự

specialize in: Chuyên về

breaking news: Tin nóng

a correspondent: Phóng viên

broaden our horizons: mở rộng tầm mắt của chúng ta

Enrich knowledge: mở rộng kiến thức

19. Describe a paid job you ever did or someone you know ever did

You should say:

- What the job was

- How long did you or this person keep this job

- How did you/ this person find this job

- And how you feel about this job

During my freshman year, except my course work I still have abundant time. So I decided

to do some part-time jobs to earn my tuition fee.

Honestly, it was really hard for me to find something to do at first because there were not

many things for freshmen to do. What was fortune, I got a job in a cosmetic shop. I was

allocated to clean the shelves which was a really dirty job. Because I was a green hand

firstly, I got blamed by my senior manager when I took shifts four out of five times. I was

so sad and crying every day when I was on my way back to my dorm. However, despite of

sadness and tiredness, I insisted until the end. I wanted to release my parents’ burden so

I didn’t want to ask them for living cost.

During this period, I did well and I got a precious chance to learn sales and stock. I have

to admit that thanks to the experience of this job, I obtained a lot of valuable knowledge

which I could not learn from university. Of course, I made so many friends who gave me

so much professional help and courage. Although the salary of this job was not very high,

the skills I learned were priceless. With the help of this working experience, I gain a

precious offer from other famous companies when I graduated.

20. Describe a time when you feel surprised to meet someone.

You should say:

- When this happened

- Who this person was

- What did you do together on that day

- and explain why you thought it was a surprise to meet this person

I’m going to talk about my best friend now, Kira, who made a deep impression on me at

the very first sight and i was totally suprised at her. i met her by chance in a dreary winter

day for interviewing a scholarship. she attracted all interviewees by her self-assured and

extrovert characteristics, relaxed people with jokes and her good sense of humor. she was

also talkative at times, but i didn’t make us annoyed, it turned out to be beneficial ‘cause

we felt conforting after listening to her funny stories.

It was definitely a big suprise ‘cause i found that she had a talent for calling attention

from others and the ability to make friends easily. Later, we both passed the interview and

now, we are closed friends but she still makes me suprised sometimes ‘cause of her well-

rounded knowledge.

made a deep impression on : gây ấn tượng mạnh với ai

a dreary winter day: một ngày đông ảm đạm

self-assured: tự tin

extrovert: hướng ngoại

hyperactive : tăng động

beneficial: có lợi

conforting = relaxing: thoải mái

had a talent for sth: Có năng khiếu về

calling attention from others: kêu gọi sự chú ý từ người khác

have the ability to do sth: có khả năng làm gì

well-rounded: hoàn hảo, toàn diện

21. Describe a restaurant you like (to go to)/that impresses you.

You should say:

- where this restaurant is

- what type of food the restaurant has

- why you go to this restaurant

- and explain why you like this restaurant or why this restaurant impresses you.

My favourite restaurant is in ……. The restaurant is on a busy street very near to a large

park. It is quite a small and hectic place called (tên nhà hàng)……because (tên) is the

name of the person who set up the business.

The outside the restaurant doesn’t look very impressive. It has large glass windows at the

front, and some benches outside for people to sit on if they are waiting to go in. There used

to be a large sign with the name of the restaurant written on it in big letters, but recently

they have taken down the sign and not yet replaced it! Inside there are lots of square

wooden tables, each with about four chairs around them.

The restaurant serves mainly breakfast and lunch meals. It does really good coffee – I like

their latte’s best – and lots of sandwiches, salads and special soups. However, when I go,

I always have the same thing – ……………., because that is what I like best!

The restaurant is very special to me and my friends because we meet there every Saturday.

. We feel we deserve a big breakfast after our run, and we enjoy catching up with each

other’s news over a leisurely meal together.

22. Describe a park/garden you visited and liked/that impressed you.

You should say:

- where it was

- what it looked like

- what people did (or, were doing) there and explain how you felt about this garden

Today I'd like to describe my home garden, which I think is a beautiful one and which I

like very much. The garden is part of my home's backyard, and my house is located in the

suburbs, about a 1-hour drive from the city of San Francisco. There is a big tree right in

the middle of my garden, which is surrounded by a hot tub, a small water fountain, several

bushes, a section for vegetables, and different kinds of flowers.

This garden was actually one of the reasons why my wife and I chose to buy our house

because it had been beautifully maintained by the previous owner’s gardener and

landscaper. It’s been only 1 year since we bought the house and now we are taking care of

the garden ourselves. Even though we are not experts in gardening, we still try our best to

plant things that we like, such as roses and tulips, and we even grow our own tomatoes.

Whenever family and friends come to visit us, we invite them to have a relaxing time in our

hot tub, and enjoy the view. So in other words, our garden has also become a kind of resort!

It definitely requires lots of hard work to properly maintain the garden, but it gives us a

great sense of accomplishment to “decorate” it the way we like.

All in all, the garden is one of the best features of my home and it is a place where I can

relax after a long day of work or during the weekends.

23. Describe a place you went to that was full of color.

You should say

- where it was

- why you went there

- what you did there

- and explain why you think this was made so colorful.

Câu này cũng có thể vận dụng được từ câu số 1

24. Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like.

You should say:

- when and where it happened

- who he or she was;

- why you didn’t like this person

- explain why you were friendly to him or her on that occasion

Let me tell you about the challenging person I had to deal with when I was doing a project

for one of my clients last year in my client’s office. He was the manager of that company.

After we co-worked for a couple of days, I found that he had a caustic style and often spoke

in a pejorative way. Even worse, the manager was standoffish and quick to criticise. He

even withheld critical information from our project team.

However, though I was really frustrated by him and didn’t personally like him, I tried hard

to face it. I had to get along well with this guy because how I managed those relationships

could be vital to my careers and I needed his participation to be successful in this project.

Therefore, in the following days, I sometimes took him out to dinner and asked him to talk

about some of the projects he had heard about, and surprisingly, he was willing to share

with me his teamwork. In the end, the late evenings were always filled with collaboration,

shared success and accomplishment.

He was much more cooperative when some of colleagues in our team asked for his

viewpoint and acknowledged his expertise. And I had a much easier time working with him

25. Describe a special toy you had in your childhood

You should say:

- what it was

- who gave it to you

- how often you played it

- and explain why it was special to you

One special toy that I remember getting was a Lego car. It was a birthday present from my

parents. I can't remember exactly how old I was, but I was probably about 10 or 11.

The special thing about this car was that I had to build it myself out of hundreds of pieces

of Lego. The pieces came in a box with a picture of the finished car on the front, and I had

to follow step-by-step instructions to put all the pieces together in the correct way. This

wasn't an easy task because the car even had an engine, movable seats and gears. It took

me a day or two to make, and required a lot of concentration.

When the car was finished it looked great, and I felt a sense of accomplishment. I seem to

remember that I didn't play with the car very much; the fun part had been the process of

building it.

26. Describe a childhood song you remember well.

You should say:

- where you first heard this song;

- how old you were when you first heard it

- what it was about;

- and explain how you feel now when you hear this song

My mother often sang me a lullaby titled ‘Oh my sweet angel look the Moon has come to

play with you…” in my bed time and I have heard it so many times in my childhood that I

can still remember it very vividly. This was a song usually famous in the rural area of our

country that mothers often use to soothe the baby and to send them in sleep. It was an 8-

10 lines song with great harmony and the way my mother sand it was extraordinary. It still

echoes in my head and I miss those days.

I can remember my mother often sand this song till I got admitted in the school and I heard

it from my father as well in my bed time. I was pretty touched with the lyrics and in my

childhood I often imagined that the verses used in this song were true and would happen

to me as well.

We often remember things from childhood specially the stories or songs we hear with great

enthusiasm. This song was no exceptions. I heard it hundreds of times and as a child I

fanaticized those things to be true. Thais is the main reason I still remember it. May be

someday when I will become a father/ mother, I will sing thins song to my children as well.

This has in fact become a permanent memory and I still love the great and calming piece

of music.

27. Describe an interesting website you have visited.

You should say:

- when you visited it;

- what the website is about

- how you first knew about this website and explain why you think it is interesting

Facebook is a social networking website that I like very and visit every day. It's a free

website that allows you to keep in contact with friends or find people you've lost touch with.

It's one of the most popular websites in the world, with millions of users in different

countries.

All of my friends use Facebook. One of my friends sent me an email inviting me to join. I

signed up and I've been using it ever since.

Facebook allows you to keep up to date with what friends are doing. You have a profile

page with information and status updates so that you can tell everyone what you're doing.

You can post messages toother people's pages. You can upload photos and videos. I find

Facebook most useful for organising my life, keeping in touch with friends and storing

photos. I think social networking websites have become part of everyday life.

28. Describe a happy family event from your childhood that you remember well.

You should say:

- what the event was

- what you saw or did

- and explain why you remember that event so well

There are numerous happy events in my life that I can recall and among them I would like

to talk about the day that I was blessed with a little sister. This was an event that I still

recall vividly.

I was then only 7-8 years old and when I saw a little angel was crying on my mother's lap,

I became the happiest girl in the world. I was the only daughter of my parents and when I

heard that I will have another sibling, I got very excited and I was counting days when this

brother of mine will come. I speculated and imagined lots of things I would do with my

sibling. On the day that my sister came in to the world was one of the happiest days of my

life.

For the first time I felt a strong urge to kiss this little fairy child. He was so beautiful and

adorable that I thanked God for the gift. My mother asked me to hold him and kiss him but

I was afraid to touch her as I thought that might hurt him. I felt like I was flying on that

day. I stayed in the hospital room for about 4-5 days till my mother and sister came home.

I came back home with the most precious gift of the world.

29. Describe an exciting sport you know

You should say:

- what the sport is

- how you know about it -is it difficult?

- explain why you think it is exciting

Of all the sports that I more or less know how to play, swimming is the one that I find most

fascinating and I think it can strengthen my physical health.. I learnt to swim when I was

a small child because my parents believed that it would be useful for me.

Unlike other sports, there are no rules to follow when you swim. Basically, swimming is

just the combination of arm and leg motions and the natural floatation of the body.

In order to swim, there must be a swimming pool or a body of water large enough. Most

pools, however, would require individuals to wear swimming costume in order to be able

to use the pool. Some swimmers find it also useful to wear goggles and swim cap to keep

water out of their eyes and their hair for fear that swimming pool water contains many

harmful chemicals.

Swimming as an exercise is popular as an all-around body developer and is particularly

useful in therapy and as exercise for physically handicapped persons. It is also taught for

lifesaving purposes.

The main thing that fascinates me about this sport is the weightless freedom and liberation

I feel when I swim. It feels just like flying. I cannot fly, but swimming is the next best thing.

The water is my sky.

30. Describe something you do to (help you) stay healthy.

You should say:

- what you do

- when you started doing this

- how much time you spend doing this (or, how often you do this)

- explain what benefits you get from this activity or explain how this activity helps

you stay healthy

Có thể tham khảo câu 29

31. Describe a place near water (such as a river, a lake or the ocean) that you enjoyed

visiting.

You should say:

- where this place was

- what you did at this place

- who you went there with

- and explain why you liked this place

I have a very strong passion for the ocean and one of the seaside places that I usually go

to on vacations is Nha Trang, a small lovely beach town in the central of Vietnam. There

are always many activities for tourists to do in Nha Trang.

If you are a fan of extreme sports, you can do either windsurfing or paragliding. In case

you want to discover the nature, there are some amazing island cruises and snorkeling

tours. Nha Trang is also a paradise for seafood lovers with fresh, delicious, diverse and

inexpensive dishes.

To me, Nha Trang is such a vibrant town where there is always something going on. The

local people are so friendly and they make me feel welcome here. Most importantly, Nha

Trang has a breathtakingly stunning beach which has been recognized as one of the top

beaches in the world.

32. Describe a pleasant surprise you had.

You should say:

- who gave you the surprise

- why they gave you the surprise

- and explain how you felt about it

Có thể tham khảo câu 28

33. Describe a subject you didn’t like before but have interest in now.

You should say:

- what it was

- why you didn’t like it before;

- when you studied the subject;

- and explain why you have interested in it now

Among all the subjects that we studied in school, history is undoubted my least favorite.

This shouldn’t come as a surprise at all because most of the school children I know do not

like this subject. I guess there are several reasons explaining the unpopularity of history as

a school subject.

To begin with, history is arguably one of the most difficult subjects to learn. The major

part of it involves remembering dry facts such as names, numbers and events that happened

a long time ago in an effort to get a good grade. Hardly can these attract interest from young

people who are more concerned about things that are going on and generally don’t see

connections between past events and the present.

Besides, as much as I appreciate people’s effort to teach history to children, I’ve got to

admit that history classes are very boring. But when I was on grade 5, the teacher took us

on a trip to a museum in Ha Noi. She taught me about what the previous generation did to

protect our country agaist invaders via a lot of artifacts. That was the first time I felt so

interesting with this subject.

History helps us learn the mistakes of the past and avoid repeating them in the future.

Therefore, I really recommend that students should pay more attention to this subject, and

they will see it very interesting.

34. Describe a piece of good news you heard from TV or internet

You should say:

- what the news was about

- when you got this news

- where you got this news from

- and explain why you think it was a good piece of news

I’m going to talk about a fabulous news that I came across last week on the internet.

According to it, petrol price has decreased by 20%. This is the third reduction of oil price

in a row for the past few months and it immediately took over newspaper front pages.

The reason I find this news fascinating is that oil price has huge impacts on the other goods

such as food products or retail commodities, so almost everyone as a consumer benefits

from the low oil price. It is predicted to stimulate domestic production and consumption,

especially during the Lunar New Year festival.

As for me, I felt a great sense of relief after receiving the news because, you know, like

other Vietnamese students, I depend on a motorbike to travel to school and get around

town. Before the drop, I used to spend up to 25 bucks per month on petrol for the vehicle.

However, the same money can last for a month and a half now that the price has gone

down.

More importantly, because I'm really fond of travelling, the fact that fuel price is falling

probably means that I can buy cheaper air tickets as airfares are likely to decline alongside

oil prices.

35. Describe a situation when you received some useful advice.

You should say:

- what the situation was

- who gave you the advice

- what the advice was

- and explain how this advice was useful to you

This is such an interesting topic to talk about. I have received many advices from other

people, most of which are quite helpful but there is one advice I’m most grateful for taking.

Ever since I was a small child, I had always been told that study was the only way to

succeed, so children should focus on studying instead of playing. I remember spending all

of my freetime doing homework and going to extra classes. I became very competitive. I

got straight “A”s in school and positive comments from teachers.

Going to university was a huge change in my life. I had to leave my family for my first time

to study in a big city. I was feeling very uncomfortable, being surrounded by unfamiliar

people and learning to adapt to this completely new environment all by myself. That was

when I met Linh.

Linh was the most charismatic girl in the whole world who could inspire people and make

them feel happy. She told me that studying wasn’t the most important thing in life because

success wouldn’t mean anything if you were not happy. She made me read books and spend

holidays travelling.

It turned out that I loved travelling, besides many other things Linh opened my eyes to. I

finally learnt that working hard was important, but enjoying life while doing so was even

more essential. Now that Linh is living and working in another country with her husband,

we stay in touch on the internet. I bet she has very little idea how her advice has turned my

life around.

36. Describe a time when you got lost.

You should say:

- who was there with you

- how you felt when you got lost

- and explain how you eventually found your way

I was visiting ............ Park with my friend last September. This park is located in the rural

area of ....... in the north west and that was our first time to get there.

I was up at the furthest point as the sun was starting to set. The natural scenery was so

stunning that we took lots of pictures and forgot the time until it began to turn dark.

However, unfortunately the way down wasn’t very well marked and we got lost a few times.

Of course, all around us were steep cliff faces and deep gorges. I remembered thinking

that if I felt down one of those in the dark I would probably actually die and no one would

ever find the body.

Luckily, before we totally lost our bearings, I eventually found the trail again by using the

digital map in our mobile device to position us, you know, thanks to my iPad, it could

receive the satellite signals in rural areas, and managed to make it back after about two

and a half hours, by which time it was full night. Thankfully there were no clouds that day

so there was just enough light to walk by.

37. Describe an unusual building you have visited

You should say:

- where it is

- what it is used for

- what it looks like

- and explain why you think it is unusual

Tham khảo câu 39

37. Describe a situation (or a time) when you helped someone.

You should say:

- what the situation was

- who the person was

- how you helped them

- explain how you felt after helping them

I have been volunteering at a shelter for disadvantaged children called Mai Am 19-5 since

I was a university student. It was part of SJ’s effort aiming at better quality of life for young

children in Hanoi. SJ is basically an international volunteer organization which, through

its regular workcamps, provides help for individuals and charities as well as promotes

cultural exchange between international volunteers and locals

Shelter 19-5 is a primary school for poor children in the area of Phuc Xa, Long Bien,

Hanoi. Most of the students here come from extremely impoverished families where there

is only one parent or both parents go to jail for drug trafficking. The school has but one

classroom for all of its classes taught by two full-time volunteer teachers. There is a nurse

to help with cooking and taking care of the kids who don’t have a home to return to after

school.

Most of the time I teach the kids English and Math, the two very important subjects which

can be useful for them in their later life. There are other volunteers from different NGOs

to teach with me too. Sometimes we bring food for the kids, other times books and toys.

Volunteering at Mai Am is one of the life changing experiences that have made me who I

am today. Before I met the children here, I had very little idea how lucky I was to have two

loving parents and a place to call home. I have also learnt the importance of giving instead

of taking and how it can drastically change people’s lives including my own.

38. Describe a project that you were once involved in (for example, a project at work or

a homework assignment at school or university).

- the topic of this project or homework

- when and where you did this project

- what research or preparation you did?

- how difficult this task was?

- how much time you spent on this project or assignment explain what you learned

from this experience

Tham khảo câu 11

39. Describe a historical building in your country/ hometown.

You should say:

- Where this building is

- How do you know this building

- What it is like

- explain why it is important to your hometown/country

I definitely think Tháp Rùa, meaning "Turtle Tower", is one of the most important historic

buildings in Vietnam. It is on Jade island of Hồ Gươm lake, "Lake of the Returned Sword,"

which is located in Old Quarter, the very central part of Ha Noi.

"Turtle Tower" was built in the late 1800's where “Ta Vong" an earlier temple, had stood.

The temple was built to honour a famous warrior Le Loi, who fought foreign invaders.

Legend has it that this lake is where the Dragon King reclaimed the sword he had given

Le Loi, to free the Vietnamese people from enemies from the North.

Today, there are large soft shell turtles in the lake, where the golden turtle which was "Kim

Qui" came to the surface and asked Lợi, for his golden sword back, to give to the Dragon

King. Every once in a while, people visiting the lake can take pictures of hundred-year-old

turtles surfacing, which has long been considered as a sign of good fortune by locals.

The words inscribed on the sword are said to say "The Will of Heaven", meaning it’s

heaven’s will that this country and its people should be free and independent. This tower I

believe, a tourist attraction now, has a huge significance in Vietnamese history as well as

culture.

40. Describe a long journey/short trips you would like to make again

You should say:

- where you went

- who you went with

- what you did during the trip

- and explain why you would like to make the trip again

Tham khảo câu 1

41. Describe a family member you would like to work with.

You should say:

- who this person is

- what kind of person he or she is

- whether you’ve worked together before

- and explain why you would like to work with this person (more than with other

members of your family)

Let me tell you about my brother that I’d like to work with in my business. He is very

considerate and thoughtful person who has always done his best to help me make decisions

in the face of day-to-day difficulties.

My brother has a strong personality and he never lets others tell him what to do. I learned

how to be more responsible and also more determined in my daily life. Although we’ve

never worked together in business before, he always reminds me that things are not as easy

as they appear and that I should work hard in order to get results.

I’d like to work with my brother because it’s lucky enough to find a wonderful partner in

him, both personally and professionally. We can be honest with one another, and I trust

him significantly more than I’ve trusted partners in the past. My brother is very loyal and

I believe he will always watch my back. Although, I will say it is very important to define

roles and boundaries with family immediately. He does tend to push the limits of what is

acceptable if rules are not clearly defined. It also just so happens that our skill sets are

completely opposite and complementary.

42. Describe an ambition you have not achieved yet.

You should say:

- what it is

- when you first had this ambition

- why you had this ambition;

- and explain why you haven't achieved it yet

Well, I personally find this topic interesting. Many young people in Vietnam, if asked,

would either have a hard time thinking about what it is that they would want to achieve in

their life, or say that they don’t have an ambition whatsoever. But I do have one, which is

to become a world traveller. I want to set foot in every corner of the world to discover

exotic cultures and gain a deeper insight into humanity.

Travelling has always been my biggest passion ever since I had my first trip outside of my

country back in 2009 when I decided to ride a mortobike from Hanoi to Laos all alone. I

still remember being blown away by the whole experience. The more I travel, the more

determined I am to make it my life-long mission.

In order for this to happen, there are a lot of things I should take care of. My major concern

is, if I plan to spend most time moving from one place to another, it will be unlikely for me

to have a normal job while travelling isn’t cheap at all. So I’d like to become a

correspondent of some sort for a travel magazine, or write my own book about travelling.

At the moment, I’m trying to focus on my teaching job to save up for the trips.

44. Describe something interesting you learnt from the internet

You should say:

- what you leant;

- what website you learnt it from

- how you learnt it

- and explain why you think it was interesting

I’m really into learning cooking in the Internet. There is a website called the Expert of

Cate, which is very popular teaching visitors how to cook simple but tasty food. Each lesson

is produced in video with up-to-date culinary tips and advice, along with the tasty recipes.

I believe it appeals to anyone who love life and food particularly.

There is a woman hostess in the video whose sound is really kindly. She looks like a patient

and kind-hearted housewife, as same as my lovely mom. She is good at cooking all kinds

of food, and teaching you how to cook it yourself step by step as well.

I always get access to the website to learn some new food during the weekends, especially

before starting preparing the dinner at night. I only spend no more than five minutes to

learn a new recipe, sitting in front of my computer and taking some notes from time to time.

Thanks to this website, I can cook something for my family now. Although I can’t cook very

well, I will acquire a sense of achievement when someone enjoys my dishes. Besides, this

website helped a lot and changed me from a layman to a person who enjoys cooking. On

top of that, it may be an easy way to let off steam during the weekend after a one-week

tiring work.

45. Describe a situation that others didn’t tell you the whole truth.

You should say:

- what the situation was

- who was involved

- why they didn’t tell you the whole truth

- and explain how you felt when you found out you were not told the whole truth

It’s sad but true that, the world we are living in is full of lies . Every day we are bound to

be surrounded by dishonest and misleading advertising from media, companies and

retailers. Recently I have encountered an unpleasant situation in which people weren’t

completely honest to me.

Several weeks ago I was shopping in a very popular bag store in Hanoi when I saw this

cute leather bag. I was told that, if I’m not satisfied with the product, I can bring it back

within a week for an immediate exchange or a full refund. I was generally quite happy with

the deal. However, during the first week that I had it, I realized the bag was a little bit too

small to fit my textbooks, so I took it back to the store, hoping that I could have something

bigger.

To my surprise, the girls working at the store refused to grant my request for an exchange.

Apparently in order to be returned, the bag must still be in the unopened packaging with

original tags and tickets attached. It came to me as a huge shock and disappointment. They

should have made it clear to me in the first place, then I would have considered it before

purchasing the item. I mean, if you don’t take the thing out and really use it, how can you

tell if you have any problem with it or not.

Anyway, the lesson learnt was, if something sounds too good to be true, it’s probably not

true. Next time I should ask carefully about the exchanges and refunds policy to find out

what the catch is so that any negative feelings can be avoided later.

46. Describe a friend who you think is good leader.

You should say:

- who this friend is

- how you first met

- how other people behave towards him or her;

- and explain why you think he or she is a good leader.

I’m going to talk about a friend of mine. His name is Minh. Although he’s very young -

only a year ahead of me, Minh is co-founder of our school’s English Club.

Actually, English is not my major at university but all of the students are required to take

IELTS test as part of the graduation requirements. So I decided to join the English Club

and that's how I met Minh. My first impression of this friend was that he had a good

command of English and, also, he demonstrated a great passion for this language. He

helped me practice making conversations in English for a while before we became close

friends.

The thing that most people, including myself, find attractive about Minh is that he has such

a great sense of humor. I mean, he can make anyone laugh even when they don’t feel like

to. He has a way of making people feel cheerful and comfortable when they are around

him.

I definitely think Minh is a competent leader because he knows exactly how to connect with

people in his network and motivate them to achieve common goals. He’s incredibly creative

as well. Taking part in his English Club is many students’ favorite activity. Minh has such

a positive influence on people, which I think is what it takes to become a pioneer.

47. Describe something you really want to buy in the future

You should say:

- What it is

- When you will buy it

- Where you will buy it

- and explain why you want to but it

Tham khảo câu 49

48. Describe a movie you would like to watch again

You should say:

- what it was about

- when and where you watched it

- who you watched it with

- and explain why you would like to watch it again

Tham khảo youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTw1ndeIe9k

49. Describe a vehicle you would like to buy ( or own)

You should say:

- what (kind of) vehicle it is

- what it would look like

- why you would like to have it

If I had the money, I’d like to buy my own helicopter. I recently saw a TV programme

about someone who flew around in his own helicopter, and I remember thinking that it

would be great to have one. The helicopter on the programme was a small, blue, two-

seater and it seemed quite easy to fly - that's the kind of thing I'd like to buy.

Ideally, I’d use my helicopter instead of a car. First, I’d need to learn to fly it, but then

I’d use it to go on short trips or holidays. It would be fantastic to be able to avoid traffic

jams, and get everywhere in a fraction of the time it normally takes. I’d take friends and

family sightseeing, over cities or mountain tops, and maybe I could even use it to do the

shopping!

The reason I’d like to buy a helicopter is that you can park one almost anywhere. You

don’t need to find a runway or an airport like you would for a plane. So I’d be able to

park my helicopter in my garden - if I had a bigger garden. Also, I’ve always been

intrigued by those helipads on the tops of tall buildings - I think it would be fun to land

on top of a building. A helicopter probably isn’t a realistic choice of vehicle, but you

never know - I might win the lottery!