BACC Behavioral Academic and Career Counseling. What is BACC? â– Behavioral Academic and...
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of BACC Behavioral Academic and Career Counseling. What is BACC? â– Behavioral Academic and...
- Slide 1
- BACC Behavioral Academic and Career Counseling
- Slide 2
- What is BACC? Behavioral Academic and Career Counseling. A supplement to the teaching systems A resource to benefit Undergraduates in Dr. Malotts courses Operated and ran by MA students in the Behavior Analysis Training System (BATS).
- Slide 3
- BACC Mission Statement The main purpose of BACC is to provide undergraduate psychology students with the information necessary to achieve their academic and career goals. This is done by: providing 1-on-1 providing 1-on-1 appointments with appointments with BATS MA students. BATS MA students.
- Slide 4
- Is BACC really necessary? Isnt it true that once students enter college they suddenly are infused with any and all information they may need to succeed, both during and after college?
- Slide 5
- For those not divinely inspired It seems as undergrads, people expect you to know whats going on at all times But, nobody has even told you the steps you must take to graduate! (Yep, you dont just have to meet course requirements; there are more steps!)
- Slide 6
- Fine, fine, I get the point so hows it work? You sit down with a delightful Graduate Student Instructor; you may recognize them as your own And together, you fill out a How to Achieve Your Goals form! Basically, you get to discuss all of those academic and career issues that are most important to you!
- Slide 7
- Important things like Available classes that may benefit you How to raise your GPA Practicum Opportunities How to get Research Experience How to get into Graduate School Employment Opportunities
- Slide 8
- Graduate School & GPA If youre planning on applying to graduate school, start working your butt off to earn or maintain a high GPA. Dont think GPA is important? Check out the minimum GPA these schools require: WMU: 3.0 The Chicago School: 3.0 (MA), 3.2 (Ph.D, Ed.S) University of Nevada, Reno: 2.75 (MA),3.0 (Ph.D) University of Florida: 3.0 University of North Texas: 3.4 Florida State University: 3.0
- Slide 9
- What now? The undergraduate student (i.e. you) will decide on some goals. Your goals may be to figure out what you want to do. This may include Researching a University that you are interested in (which, incidentally, we may have info on). Or figuring out what you can do without continuing on in school.
- Slide 10
- What else can a BACC appointment help you with? Signing up to take the GRE Finding the most effective way to write a resume The Graduate School Application Process Graduating from here without a headache!
- Slide 11
- Is BACC enjoyable? Survey says
- Slide 12
- Ok ok! But enjoyable enough to want another appointment???
- Slide 13
- Cool. Now dont forget You will want to come to the appointment with questions ready to ask!
- Slide 14
- How do I set an appointment? To set a BACC appointment with Dr. Malott, please contact Kelli Perry at [email protected] with your availability. [email protected]
- Slide 15
- Slide 16
- Slide 17