The Ultimate Guide to E-Commerce Statistics in Southeast Asia & Malaysia
Embed Size (px)
Why major e-commerce players like Rakuten, Qoo10, Groupon, LivingSocial, Rocket Internet, eBay, Naspers are venturing into Southeast Asia region? Visit ecommercemilo.com for more e-commerce insights in Malaysia and Southeast Asia.
Transcript of The Ultimate Guide to E-Commerce Statistics in Southeast Asia & Malaysia
- 2013 The Ultimate Guide to E-Commerce Statistics in Southeast Asia & Malaysia
- Why they are here?
- Beautiful beaches? Photo credits: Myshaadiwale
- Source: World Bank Internet penetration in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam is now growing faster than the worlds average
- 17m In 2011, the Internet users in Southeast Asia was 4m 36m 11m 28m 22m Source: Euromonitor Total 118m Internet Users In Big 6 SEA countries
- 21m 17m In 2016, the Internet users in Southeast Asia will be 4m 11m 28m 22m Source: Euromonitor 21m 80m 43m 36m 36m Total 205m Internet Users In Big 6 SEA countries
- Source: Euromonitor In 2011 Retail Market E-Commerce Market 0.8% 2.8% 0.05% 0.5% NA 0.6% % EC Penetration rate, not inclusive of services
- Source: Euromonitor In 2016 Retail Market E-Commerce Market 1.4% 3.8% 0.09% 0.5% NA 0.7% % EC Penetration rate, not inclusive of services
- Hows southeast asia online users like? Hows southeast asia online users like? Hows southeast asia online users like? Hows southeast asia online users like? Hows southeast asia online users like? Hows southeast asia online users like?
- Source: comScore Southeast Asia online populations are relatively young who spend much of their time online
- Read: Is Amazon losing market share to Lazada in SEA? Source: comScore
- Focus on Malaysia Photo credits: KHAIRIL FAIZI
- 29.62 million 6.87 million population households Photo Credits: Discpicture / Photo Asia Source: MCMC, Q1 2013
- Source: MCMC, Q1 2013
- Source: Nielsen, Ericsson ConsumerLab 27%smartphone penetration rate 9%tablet penetration rate Read: The state of mobile commerce in Malaysia
- 34.97m 7.47m 11.38m 3.96m Source: MCMC, Q1 2013
- 8.2 million credit cards in circulation, 0.9 million of them are supplementary cards Source: BNM, 2013 Read: What are the most popular credit cards for online payment?
- Malaysians are used to making payment via online banking too Online banking sites in Malaysia received 2.7m visitors in Jan 2011 - a growth of 16% YoY Source: comScore
- 1.82b 1.97b 2.71b 3.65b 4.76b 5.76b Euromonitor: 0.82b (2011) Euromonitor: 1.87b (2016) Discrepancy between Nelson & PayPal and Euromonitor is mainly because PayPal figures include services like travel and ticketing Online Commerce Market Size Source: Nielsen & PayPal Analysis, 2011
- Online Commerce Top Categories 268m 184m 130m 87m 84m 78m 72m 57m 57m Source: Nielsen & PayPal Analysis, 2011
- 0.10b 0.47b 1.00b 1.82b 2.68b 3.43b Mobile commerce share increase from 5.49% in 2010 to 59.55% in 2015 (forecast). Staggering! Mobile Commerce Market Size Source: Nielsen & PayPal Analysis, 2011
- Mobile Commerce Top Categories 50m 12m 11m 4m 5m 13m 7m 4m 30m 23m 21m 19m 17m 11m Source: Nielsen & PayPal Analysis, 2011
- Read: Top & popular e-commerce sites in Malaysia
- Who are the merchants? Photo credits: webShaper
- 70% of 1 million SMEs in Malaysia do not have website Account for up to 99.2% of total business establishments Contribute up to 32% of Malaysias GDP Employ 56% of total workforce SME Source: The Edge, SME ICT Usage Survey
- Source: ACCCIM 2012 SMEs Survey SME industry breakdown 49% of them are in Wholesale & Trading, Manufacturers 25% 10% 14% 24%
- Source: ACCCIM 2012 SMEs Survey 48% 28% 24% SME involvement & readiness for e-commerce 72% of them are not doing e-commerce yet Growth potential
- Brought to you by ecommercemilo.com fb.com/ecommercemilo E-Commerce Insights