Network Developement Capstone Project 2009 Sping Quarter
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Network Developement Capstone Project 2009 Sping Quarter
- 1. Radiant Medical Services, LLC Proposed Network Solution By: Greenbox Network Solutions
2. Project Consultants
- Bridgette Ellis Project Leader
- Brenda Jefferson Network Solutions Consultant
- Richard Rumley Network Design Specialist
- Tyler Foster - Network Solutions Consultant
- Andrew Shepherd Risk Assessment Specialist
- Eugene Walker Network Solutions Consultant
- Patrick Bolling Network & Web Design Specialist
- Resolve five doctors issues
- Provide better service to patients
- Zero impact to normal business operations
4. Project Context
- The doctors at Radiant Medical Services desire network access to all office locations.
- Another requirement is an upgraded system allowing seemless access to patient medical records.
- The doctors office hours are 7am-9pm daily depending on when the doctors in.
- With this new upgraded system they shall need to increase their staff to allow for projected growth.
- Physical security must be provided in addition to complying with current HIPPA laws. They also need a backup plan for disaster recovery on the central site.
5. Project Deliverables
- Each office will need a LAN design that will be incorporated into the WAN design. These designs will:
- Provide the ability to provide information on each patient as well as communications abilities between all locations.
- Meet all necessary security and disaster planning in regards to all relevant HIPPA requirements at a reasonable cost.
- Detailed timeline outlining all phases and works to be completed.
6. Primary Business Objectives
- Our primary business objectives are defined within two categories:
- 1 provision of a high-quality, fully functioning network solution for the doctors and patients of Radiant Medical Services, LLC that will meet all their requirements successfully.
- 2 To design, plan, implement, and test this network solution successfully in such a way as to be a financial asset to both Radiant Medical Services, LLC and Greenbox Network Solutions.
7. Secondary Business Objectives
- All of our secondary business objectives are designed to assist in the successful completion of the primary ones, as previously listed, such as:
- Successful achievement of the network design plans and pre-testing using network simulation software.
- Complete the purchase of all equipment and supplies necessary to complete the project within all budget and timeline parameters.
- Successful setup and initialization of all network equipment and connections including all software packages.
- Successful testing and initialization of all business software including vital updates.
- A successful training program for all appropriate employees and the doctors on the new computer systems and software programs.
8. Goals & Objectives
- 1 stObjective:
- A comprehensive network design that will incorporate all submitted requirements and allow for projected growth.
- 2 ndObjective:
- Comprehensive and full detail plans for all network connections including all configuration, network, and other necessary settings.
- 3 rdObjective:
- Construction of a complete plan of action to allow each doctor to conduct business as normal without disruption to the staff or patients.
- 4 thObjective:
- The construction of a realistic and detailed timeline that will be goal oriented and geared toward a successful completion of the proposed network solution.
- 5 thObjective:
- Detailed plans for the purchase, storage, & transportation/delivery of all necessary equipment and supplies to the appropriate locations within all specified cost parameters as contained within the proposed budget.
- 6 thObjective:
- The actual implementation of all the above plans including all the proper documentation by the onsite personnel during this phase of the project.
- 7 thObjective:
- Final testing of all installed hardware, software, and network connectivity.
- Final Objective:
- Initialization of the entire network and any last minute configuration adjustments to have the network up and operating within all specified ranges.
10. Scope Specifications
- Key Highlighted Specifications:
- High-level plans for the proposed network design to be constructed in the provision of a network infrastructure to connected all 5 office locations.
- Provision of all necessary configuration settings for all computer systems and network devices.
- A comprehensive action plan for the installation process that will allow all five office locations to conduct their normal daily business operations.
- The creation of a highly detailed timeline for the successful completion of the proposed upgrades and network.
- Purchasing, procurement, storage, and delivery of all equipment and supplies that will be involved in the upgrading and installation process.
- Provision of all necessary personnel for the successful completion of the project.
- Provision of full diagnostic testing of all equipment, network connections, and software packages.
- The replacement of all dot-matrix and low-end printers at all five office locations with network enabled printers.
- All computer systems (hardware & software) will be upgraded (replaced) with newer equipment and up-to-date versions of necessary software as per submitted requirements.
- Specifically addressed requirement scope specifications per remote & central office locations will include:
- Additional servers, workstations, and other necessary hardware & software
- The LAN at the central office location will be upgraded as specified
- Software to be installed per workstation:
- Microsoft Office
- Email client software
- Web browser
- Network connectivity to centralized patient information, billing, & insurance claim applications, and the Internet.
- Configuration of all network connections to allow for high-speed communications at all 5 locations with proper security measures in place to secure all data.
- ISP recommendation
- A comprehensive system for data backup ensuring full disaster recovery.
- Connectivity redundancy
- Full detailed documentation furnished
- Guidance/advice on full-time IT department staff versus contracted IT management service
- Guidance/advice on use of wireless systems
- Guidance/advice as to VoIP technology
- Network use and new software training provided to all appropriate Radiant Medical Services, LLC personnel.
14. Out-of-Scope Specifications
- Key Highlighted Specifications:
- Provision of security personnel and other physical security measures that lie outside of our control
- Security of all data and backup media outside of our possession during implementation of solution prior to transfer of that data to the new system
- Work delays caused by unforeseen events such as natural disasters or states of national emergency that no specified contingency plan has been constructed for
- Construction, addition, or provision for any office furniture necessary to house or support new network hardware or cabling requirements outside those specified within the submitted documents.
- Extra training of Radiant Medical Services, LLC staff on network administration, configuration, and installation issues or other such issues not specified within our pro